Saturday, September 15, 2007

Food for thought

Okay, Okay.

I've been told to get my sorry ass back in gear, that there are some folks out there who are pining away missing laughing at my expense (and they would like "the rest of the story")

I missed ya'll too.

Food for thought....

You know it's bad when you offer to cook supper (talking on the phone to hubby who was stuck late on a job) and your 13 and 5 year old join forces to start taking up a collection in the back seat of the car for any change they can scrounge up so you can all eat out.

SIGH.

Oh!! And look what showed up in my mailbox!!

Hello Pageant Mom,
My name is Kimberly Newman and I am an Associate producer at "The Montel Williams Show" in New York. We are having an upcoming show focusing on young beauty queens and I ran across your blog and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love to speak to you further so please contact me when you receive this. Thanks and have a lovely day!

Should I bite??

5 comments:

Lahdeedah said...

Glad you are back!

I'm always weary of talk shows. Their intent isn't to get 'both sides' so you'd need to know if they were pro-pageant, anti-pageant, or ambivalent, which is unlikely!

Don't you remember the segment on MOMS drinking /GASP/ WINE with their CHILDREN in plain sight! incidents/

You can't win on a talk show.

Dave Leigh said...

Bite.

MommasWorld said...

Remember Dr. Phil and even Opra brought Debby Tye on her show after Stage Moms & Dads. I have just about all the talk shows regarding pageants on tape.

From what I can recall Montel Williams has not gone down the pageant path before. Since I work during the day I have not seen his show in a very long time. No idea what his angle is when it comes to guests.

Lahdeedah is right. Most talk shows or any type of media really try to stick it to the Pageant Moms.

MommasWorld said...

Ment Dr. Phil had at least 2 episodes of Pageant Moms on his show (not Debbie Tye)

rennratt said...

THERE you are!

Uh, I'd say run.

Run away from the talk show.

If you decide to bite, however, email me the 'air' date.

I am SO staying home from work to watch it!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>