Thursday, October 11, 2007

Today

My daughter is in this stupid photo contest...

http://lipglossmodels.homestead.com/1000_Dollar_Finals.html

I have a feeling the moms of the tops might be the only ones voting...

just a hunch

;o)

***********************************************

You know, in a lot of ways I am cheap.

Cheap, cheap cheap...!

I pack my lunch most days.
...and I label and re-use the baggies (carrots, sandwich, cookies)

I live in a house that’s largely made of windows so I don’t have to pay a big light bill.
...and I use those funky looking florescent bulbs in the chandeliers

The last pair of shoes I bought were on sale.
...at Target, and they were only 4 bucks. Super comfy and stylish too.

I never use the dry cycle on my dishwasher.
...and the wet towel I use to get the water off is what I use to wipe down the countertops.

I only partially dry clothes in the dryer.
... I like to pretend that hanging the clothes up doubles as exercise.

I buy books at Goodwill for the kids.
...that way I’m not distracted by a $5 mocha frappacino at Starbucks

In a lot of ways I am a financial idiot.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...!!

My son and husband have a $100 a week golf habit.
...Plus balls, tees, and lost clubs.

I could have gone to Disneyworld for what I paid for my daughter’s pageant dress
...don’t get crazy, I could have paid for only ME not the entire family...

I have a $2 a day addiction to AMP.
... at the risk of TMI, sometimes it IS green.

I am quite convinced Pedicures are a medical necessity
...and I cannot figure out why health insurance won’t pay (reduces stress, really!!!)

*************************************************

Do you have any money saving tips to share? Send ‘em my way :o)

I need to get my toes done

4 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

The wife and I take our lunch to work and make a weekly dinner menu for the week. We use to eat out a lot.

With the money we've saved we were able to buy a yaught!

Well, not really...

MommasWorld said...

My biggest expense is always food. My children can cook but prefer whatever is already prepared in the fridge or freezer. I use to buy frozen dinners, hot pockets and the like. I find it is far less expensive to just make up a few meals, put them in one-person-sized tupperware and later the kids can pop them in the microwave. They taste MUCH better than the frozen stuff at the market.

Lahdeedah said...

In winter, cook stews, stews and more stews, and some soups.

They are always good for two meals and a lunch.

And don't run out to the grocery store mid-week if you run out of something. Just substitute.

There is no such thing as a trip to the grocery store for 'just one thing...'

rennratt said...

I try to 'bulk cook' on weekends, with future meals in mind.

For example: I make ham, potato and veggies for dinner.

First, it becomes leftovers for lunch the next day.

Second, additional ham is put to the side to go into potato soup.

I also make chicken soup that becomes chicken pot pie...

I highly recommend The Tightwad Gazette. I bought the three in one version years ago, and still rely on it!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>