Wednesday, November 01, 2006

In search of the perfect country song...

You know I was listening to the country music station and it struck me what's really wrong with country music these days.

It's too fast to drink to.

Let's take ol' Merle for instance. You'd think there was a problem with your pitch control on the CD player after listening to today's souped up psuedo-pop manic-depressive attacks on yer auditory systematics when you put his stuff in... Might even start waxing sentimental for yer 8-track player too... but I digress.

I think we're too politically correct about things too. Can't drink, Can't smoke, can't shoot yer cheatin lover -well what the hell CAN you do?? Well, as far as I can tell you can still cry and you can do aerobics.

Makes me want to run for president - my campaign slogan "Cigarettes, Donuts, and Beer for all"

Vote for me
I have no clue
that makes the perfect candidate for YOU!!!

...here, have another cigar & a red bull...

Anyway, here's my new idea for a drinking song ya'll out in internet land can tell me whatcha think:

"So hold me up
Fill my cup
And call me a taxi dear

'cause I've had
8 shots of tequilaaaaaa
and a
6 pack of beer "

Catchy huh? I think ol' Merle woulda been proud.

copyright 2006 sumthinkdiffrent inc.

1 comment:

dennis said...

hey thanks for stopping by! I have read and loved...I think I shall become a frequent reader!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>