Sunday, April 08, 2007

Been so freakin' busy!!!

First, it's 28 degrees here in the South on flippin' Easter.

The question I ponder is - where are all the articles on global warming when we have a freak cold spell? How come they never coincide with a cold snap? Not trying to start an argument on global warming, just making an observation....

Second, I have a new fascination.

Individually wrapped prunes.

Oops, my bad, technically, they are labeled "Dried Plums."

Now, who the heck would think that, uh, individually wrapped prunes would be a marketable idea??? I can just hear the meeting now....

"These will take candy jars by storm - people will replace the Hershey bars for the convenience of the preferred healthy lifestyle!!" (after all we only put candy in the jars because it's just more accessible and easier to store...)

"Yes, and the glamorous packaging...." (yep, they come in a very fancy box) "will provide the type of image we want to portray for the active lifestyle generation...."

I am utterly INTRIQUED.

So I bought a box, and for my own little test, have offered them to my coworkers and placed them in our community candy jar. After all who could resist these babies??

I am truly DISAPPOINTED. After all the "healthy lifestyle" complaints people have submitted about pizza day and donut day, not ONE person has snatched these little beauties as a preference over the Now or Laters or the Hershey's kisses. Not one single person has emoted the same level of excitement I have over these fabulous miniature alternatives to eating mini doses of cholesterol in foil.

Buncha' hypocrites. I would think these babies would have been snatched up in a heartbeat with folks begging for more, thankful to be saved from the humdrum of 3musketeers and peppermint patties and snickers bars and.... I could go on but you get the idea....

Oh well, I DID try. Guess it's back to the boring old chocolates.

And finally - Panic at the Disco!!!

We've got to prepare for a major pageant in May - a Disco theme deal that looks like it will be loads of fun. We have the routine and the outfit, but still searching for the epitome of the disco song that is well - funky, and represents the disco sound, isn't offensive for a 4 year old to do a routine too, and isn't overused (arrggggh, if I hear Funkytown one more time......)

If you have any suggestions, leave 'em 'cause were a bit desperate here, and I've pretty much exhausted itunes (right now the front leader is "Blame it on the Boogie" by the Jackson 5)

:o)

10 comments:

rennratt said...

Mmm.

I'm thinking Bee Gee's.

Or ABBA.

Or maybe "Stayin' Alive"?

Or Donna Summer?

I don't know if any songs are appropriate or not, but it's a start!

MommasWorld said...

Hey there! Glad to be back. I so understand the freezing. Spring is here and I cannot even do my spring cleaning. You cannot pack up the winter clothes and bring out the Spring/Summer clothes yet because it just might snow...again and it is freaken April!

The prunes thing...I worked with Saudia Arabians who were always bring me a box of dates. I believe these are figs not plums but everyone loved them. They came in very expensive looking boxes as well and are considered a delicacy over there. I just couldn't bring myself to eat them because all I kept thinking about were prunes and what they are supose to do for the elderly. I'm not elderly yet he, he, he. Good for you though for thinking healthy.

For the Disco...I saw Sean and Colleen last weekend and they were wonderful as always! Anyway I thought about your Disco Panic. I wanted to post it here on your blog but it really got out of hand. Come over and look at the list and things. This was GREAT fun for me! http://mommas-world.blogspot.com/2007/04/for-pageant-mom.html

dennis said...

You know the one hit by "Wild Cherry"?

Play that Funky Music White Boy???

hmmmmmm?

Creative-Type Dad said...

You rang?

I'm a part time Disco/Funk master (I've got the fro wig in the closet and a James Brown concert ticket framed in there too) since 1974 (well not really, but close)

My favorite FUNKY disco picks:

--"Too Hot To Stop" Bar-Kays

--"Let It Whip!" Dazz Band

--"Give It Up OR Turnit Loose" James Brown

--"Funky Stuff" Kool and the Gang

--"Fire" Ohio Players

--"Super Freak" Rick James

--"Pick Up The Pieces" Average White Band

--"Flashlight" Parliment

Lahdeedah said...

Can't you just play the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever?

ABBA... dancing queen she's only seventeeeeeennnn...

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with K.C. and the Sunshine Band!

MommasWorld said...

I think you should check this out :-)

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/2789

Go get your button!

Have a FANTASTIC day!

tiff said...

Leo Sayer.

"You make me feel like dancin"

Hyperion said...

"Panic at the Disco" is a weird weird song. I think I'll write a column on it.

As for the "dried plums," is this 1984 Doublespeak run amok? Should we now fear the unholy alliance between Big Dried Plum and the GWG (the Global Warming Gestappo, clearly responsible for all this mendacious fruit mislabeling).

Hmmm...I think I'll make that my new motto.

Pageant Mom said...

Hyperion,

A dried plum is a politically correct prune. and I happen to like the song panic at the disco (i'd like to hear you surmise on your interpretation of what it's about...)

Thanks to all for your suggestions!!!

After much going round and round with Gizmo - per her thumbs up or down reaction -
We're going with Boogie Wonderland, Boogie Fever, and Blame it on the Boogie (snippets mixed together for her routine)

Wish us luck!!!

ps Suburban Turmoil plans to interview us for an article (if she can get it pitched) when we're in Nashville for this mess :o)

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>