Thursday, April 26, 2007

Getting ready

countdown to the disco show.... 8 days

Hair rolling, tanning, and nail appts? Check!
Disco wear? Check - sort of. Outfit is darling and will look striking on stage, but vest is large and pants waist is tight. I may leave it, I'm leary of last minute fittings, you can run risk of ruining the outfit. Not a good sign on this...

Pictures? check

Casual wear? Not sure, still deciding

Hair and Makeup booked? Yes! (btw the mom whose doing Gizmo's h/m and her daughter were in the movie Little Miss Sunshine LOL)

Started packing? no...

Started worrying? yes...

Gizmo is an under dog at this one. It's a 4-6 supreme group and all the national heavy hitters will be there.

Will she end up a winner over the favorites (like in Napoleon Dynamite or any other underdog wins over too-cocky odds on favorite...) or are we going to the slaughter (like in Little Miss Sunshine)

You haven't lived until you've bet $500 on whether or not a five year old will make faces on cue and do dance moves in platform shoes, fake lashes and a dolly parton wig in front of a hundred screaming wacky people ... all the while being sung to by an ambiguously gay emcee in a blond fro, elton john sunglasses and bell bottoms...

WIMPS!

...TO BE CONTINUED.

12 comments:

MommasWorld said...

What? No casual wear and only 8 days to go? Better get on the stick Momma. I was freaking out when I could not find the Bo Peep outfit.

I know you will have everything ready when the day comes. You still have 8 days. It is a bit thrilling to prepare for such a big event.

dennis said...

ok, I am not going to add this to my list of things to do before I die...unless of course, the ambiguously gay emcee is still singing LOL

rennratt said...

Wow.

I don't know how you do it!

"Break a Leg, Gizmo!"

Lahdeedah said...

Omigosh.

I can't imagine getting a five year old to do anything on cue.

I can't get my 11 year old to do anything on cue.

I shouldn't talk, though. My husband desperately wants to find a pee wee league for my boys... I'm like... um.. do you know how pricey football is?

Creative-Type Dad said...

make dolly proud.

And Andy Gib

MommasWorld said...

Just checking in to see how you are holding up. Have everything ready? Go Get 'em Gizmo!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! You can "see" the enthusiasm in your writing.

Hope all goes well!

By the way, came here through Suburban Turmoil.

- Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

rennratt said...

So?

How did she do?

MommasWorld said...

Just checking in to see how much fun you had this weekend. I figure it may be a day or two before you let us all know. Like you said before...Pageant Hangover.

I hope all went well and Gizmo is a happy girlie! Rest up and get back to us.

MommasWorld said...

Come on woman! I have bitten my nails down to the point they might turn me away at the salon. She won big, medium, big medium, small or came home with a lovely weekend to show for it. At any rate I know you had a better weekend than I did. Better weekend than most out there in blogger land or cyber space so please tell us about your weekend so I can get my nails done soon :-) Missing you tons as I keep coming back every few hours to check on you.

Biff Spiffy said...

...To be continued??

Come back!

MommasWorld said...

We have need of your creativity!

Exiled in Toyland is expecting a baby boy! She is having a contest to pick out a blogger name for her baby. Here is the link to her contest. I know you have a creative mind and she is asking for assistance. It will be fun!

http://exiledintoyland.blogspot.com/2007/05/happy-mothers-day-how-about-contest.html

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>