Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm back. A-gain.

Hi all.

I'm probably speaking to desert and tumbleweeds now... My laptop died and I haven't been able to post (I do not want to risk using my work computer) for about a month as there are very few IT people I trust to work on my stuff and my wrasslingreferee-turned-ITguy-turned-ITguybyday-preacherbynight had to figure out how to get my poor equipment worked into his hectic schedule between coffee shop wireless set ups and ministering to his flock....

I'm back in business. WHEW.

To make matters worse:
Gizmo is going through a terrible behavior spell.
I am going through a terrible behavior spell.

For the record. I am very much ADHD and unfortunately so is my daughter. And I don't even believe in that hokey pokey stuff. I don't medicate Gizmo, but we do some nutritional therapy on her that seems to help. Me however... I've been on Adderall XR for a long time... and when I started taking it the following things happened:

My ability to fall asleep and stay asleep improved. I would finally wake up rested.
Improved memory.
Reduced need to interrupt or speak out of turn constantly.
Reduced speed in general. (especially fidgeting and mood swings)

But, at my family's urging, I tried to go off the medication. And I ended up moody, fidgety, and very depressed and irritable. So, I'm back on the meds and much better for it (3 days now!)

Glad to be here (and no more freeweb site browsing for me!!)

5 comments:

MdG said...

Yay!! You're back!

Sorry to hear about your medi-woes, though I must say that it's very refreshing to hear of a parent who will take the time to try non-drug therapy for their children. I'm sure that it's much easier to use the "magic pill" to solve the behavior problems. but who really knows the long term issues it may or may not create.
Yay you!

MommasWorld said...

I thought maybe one of the other PMs took you out! he.he.he.

Glad to see you are back and alright. Meds? Hey, as long as they are helping they are good for you.

ManSon has learned to work with his ADD to his advantage. When he was going on and off the meds I felt like I was living in the Twilight Zone. Freakie!

dennis said...

welcome back...hope Gizmo's behavior improves with the onset of longer days...

Diva's Thoughts said...

I'm glad you are back!!! I'm glad the meds are working for you.

Lahdeedah said...

Gah.
My girl is ADHD. We have to give her medicine, because if we don't, she won't pass 5th or any grade BUT to boot, she has anxiety.

(Boy this sounds like 'you show me yours and i'll show you mine ha ha ha)

They tell me maturity helps????

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>