Wednesday, November 28, 2007

So what do you give the kid that has everything??

The only day over the Thanksgiving Holiday I ventured out was Friday morning (and no early crap for me, we didn't go until like, 11am.)

Giz wanted to spend some of her money at Build A Bear, and Firstborn had his eye on a game at Best Buy, and they both wanted to go out for Mexican food at our favorite restaurant (they were so over turkey) - so I interrupted my mission clean out briefly to traverse to the other side of town to the (GASP!!) Mall....

I also had promised to take Gizmo to see Santa, so we decided (after getting a relatively and surprisingly good parking place) to do that first before hitting the designated destinations.

The line wasn't too bad, and we only had to wait about 15-20 minutes for her turn. The Santa at our Mall had a real beard and seemed to take a genuine interest in the kids.

So Giz gets up and gets her picture made (very cute) and then proceeds to have her discussion with Santa. However, this seemed to take quite awhile, and Santa gave her a big hug and an extra cookie.

???

I asked Gizmo what the heck did she have to talk about with Santa for so long? What on Earth did she ASK for???

"A Clock Radio"

That's it?? Just a plain ol' clock radio??

"Yep"

"...and he promised to bring me lots and LOTS of wonderful surprises!!"

SIGH.

I did NOT see THAT coming.

Reverse psychology from a five year old...

6 comments:

MommasWorld said...

Must be something in the water. My children all want alarm clocks.

Glad you had a fun day!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Oh she's good!!!! HAHAHA!

dennis said...

It might be a good time to reconsider the Christmas gift hiding places...

LOL

rennratt said...

Ha!

I love her!

Creative-Type Dad said...

A clock radio?!

OK, that's hilarious

MommasWorld said...

Hey lady, where have ya been? What have you been up to?

I know, I have no room to talk. But next week I will catch up.

Have a Fantastic Holiday!!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>