Saturday, December 30, 2006

The wait is over

Well, Gizmo didn't win the big photo contest :o( But hey! nothing ventured, nothing gained... And talk about the longest wait in photo contest history!!! Geesh!

All the pictures are beautiful, I know couldn't pick just one (IF I was objective ;o)

I thought she would at least make tops, but she didn't (she usually does) Losing IS a bit merciful in a way - I can quit entering her for awhile (okay I could quit before I just didn't want to because, well, she was winning...)

Honestly, it gets VERY addictive when your kid wins because well... it's a fundamental concept - winning is fun, losing sucks. Period. That's why gambling can be such a problem...and I admit playing these photo contests are very much like gambling. And even the ads for these things are a bit Vegas-esque. But what else are you going to do with a picture that costs more than your monthly electric bill? And you can't even put it on your desk at work LOL

The loot report this year?

- 1 Holiday Collectible Barbie
- Free entries into other contests
- 1 Build a Bear with Outfit
- Monogrammed Tote Bag
- $325
- California Barbie Doll
- A Free photo shoot with a top pageant photographer
- and a write up in the premiere National Pageant Magazine

I'm not greedy - just thankful we get to play!

..Oh and yesterday I found the most FANTASTIC hot pink hat for her next shoot - no time to waste preparing for the next pictures!! There's necklaces to buy! and hair accessories! and gloves! and feathers! and earrings...and fuzzy scarves..... to the next shoot here we gooooo......

1 comment:

MommasWorld said...

I am so sorry she did not win the contest. You are a good sport in moving on to the next photo shoot. The day after Thanksgiving Snow White wanted be a model and dressed up in many outfits. I agreed to take photos of her in our own back yard. They came out very cute so I entered them in an on line contest for natural photos but they insisted she was wearing lipstick. The most make up she had on was Blistex. So much for her natural entry. I did enter one of them in the Library of Congress ameture contest. Her brother is a feature print in the 2000 edition. Not holding my breath for lightening striking twice in the same place but you are right. The contests are fun!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>