Sunday, November 04, 2007

12.5 days and counting down

Pet peeve of the week.

Why is it people have time to send me all kinds of crazy junk emails with cute little puppy pics, wishes of doom if I don't forward to 500 people immediately, and just plain old stupid jokes...I don't mind if the joke is funny, isn't over 200k, and is sent to me personally to enjoy, but when it comes via a 150 person address book send, it doesn't make me feel particularly special.

Yet this is what I get back when I call on the phone to say hello...

Title of email: "Returning your call"

Hey, I jsut wanted to let you know until I get through
parent report card conferences and my dreaded
birthday, I will not be in the mood to chat, I will
call sometime after the 12th.


I'm beginning to think it's not worth trying to have any friends at all.

**********************************************

I must be crazy.

It took me 4 hours to roll hairpieces today.

The christmas wear won't be shipped until Thursday.

I haven't heard from the dressmaker in 4 days since I sent my last payment.

The new picture came in (bright spot.)

And the only pageant we could work in for practice next weekend has been cancelled.

I don't think this is a good sign.

Never mind we made our first dress payment in JUNE.

I guess we're going to go and lose again.

Really we should quit, this is so not worth it. I think.

But on the other hand, Firstborn and Hubby are joining us this time.

Should be interesting.

3 comments:

dennis said...

My friends have stopped answering as I call when I am on the road, in an effort to stay awake...

good luck!!

Pageant Mom said...

Dennis, that's too funny, I do the same thing (but more in line of multitasking LOL)

MommasWorld said...

4 hours to roll the hair? Ouch.
I hope your dress comes in today. With all of you going you have people to run back and forth to the room for you. Plus you will have time to spend together.

It is all about the girls so I let Snow White decide when enough is enough. Mind you I had been wishing for a year it would happen. Just last week she said "Mommy, I have no more places to put my crowns. I have enough now so maybe we should stop now." And then..the angels sang and Mommy wept tears of joy. We will miss all the commotion and the grandure of it all but...it will be nice not to run through airports and hotels for awhile :-)

GOOD LUCK!!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>