Thursday, November 08, 2007

Live chat now! We help you long time!

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay, so I have a couple of emails that for some reason appear to be ending up blocked to my regular email account (non-yahoo.)

So I sent an email request for help on how to unblock these messages.

I receive an email back admonishing me to contact their "live chat" for resolution because the companythatshallnotbenamed so very wants to help me for great customer satisfaction, blah, blah, and blah.

Here's a cliff's notes of the transcript:

THEM : Online chat - a representative will be with you in approximately two minutes
Me : oKAY
THEM : Eden has joined the chat
THEM : hello how may I help you?
ME : I have two email addresses that appear to be blocked, how can I have them unblocked?
THEM : oH, it appears you have been routed to the Sales group, do you mind if I reroute you to technical support?
ME : Uh, no (knock yerself out unless you think you can fix this...)
THEM : Cyrus has joined the chat
THEM : how may I assist you today?
ME : I have two email addresses I am expecting mail from that appear to be blocked, how can I have them unblocked?
THEM : All spam is blocked
ME : No, these are not spam addresses, last week I was receiving mail just fine from them and now I cannot
THEM : are you using webmail?
ME : YES
THEM : Is your mailbox full?
ME : no
THEM : check please
ME : 31 %
THEM : okay, please go to your filtering options
ME : okay
THEM : add these to your allowed list
ME : okay, will do , but what if this does not work? what can I do
THEM : do you have antivirus installed
ME : sure, but what does that have to do with blocking emails?
THEM: maam, it has everything to do with email
ME : how?
THEM : maam, if you need help with antivirus, please contact norton directly?
ME : ?? why? I'm not having trouble with antivirus, just blocked emails
THEM : really, you should contact norton
ME : for what?
THEM : how are we supposed to know, you are the one with antivirus problems
ME : WHAT??
THEM : thank you for contacting companythatshallnotbenamednow ... is there anything else we can help you with??
ME : uh, one more question.
THEM : yes?
ME : are you in the US or India?
THEM : I'm sorry maam that information is confidential
ME : (....BANGS SELF REPEATEDLY IN HEAD WITH BLUNT OBJECT)

$%!### ^&@@ss@@@

I'm okay. really.

p.s. I'm probably going to get beat up for this one, but geez, I was just asking the last question out of curiosity!!!

6 comments:

MdG said...

WEll, that's just crap. Though, maybe if you had asked "Where is your chat center located", instead of specifically US/India, you might have gotten a real answer.

Lahdeedah said...

rofl

i would reinstall the anti virus and then seriously, call them back EVEN IF IT"S RESOLVED.

though really, too much effort, too little reward.

I once had a frustrating encounter with customer service in India over a printer, but due to the mutual frustration, the person on the other end just sent me another printer and told me to mail the other one back :)

Pageant Mom said...

lahdeedah - what's so funny is that my problem had nothing to do with antivirus at all LOL (all I needed was for two email addresses to be unblocked because they were being blocked as spam) I happen to work in IT, and I'm very familiar with the problem, I just needed him to tell me where to find the option in this particular webmail tool LOL

It's really unfair what they put the users and the support personnel through with these cheaper, more available help desk systems. They are often NOT IT personnel, but hired on their ability to speak English and read pre-written resolution scripts. That's why they ask a lot of questions that don't make sense, because the resolution paths are written to the lowest (i.e. stupidest user ever) common denominator and they get irritated if you know what or how to fix, because they cannot function off of the scripts.

Dave Leigh said...

Off-topic:

I just saw "Little Miss Sunshine".

O....M....G.

Creative-Type Dad said...

It's sad.

I hate how they always put the blame on somebody else.

Rita said...

lol!!!
I did that once while waiting for my computer to restart. the guy had an accent so i asked him: how's the weather over there in India? and he was like: ms noelia, I'm trying to fix your computer not to have a date with you. lol.
:)

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>