Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update. Maybe things will turn better...

Update!

Well, I emailed the lady who made the dress to let her know it just wouldn't work. I mean, in all fairness to her, maybe she DID do her best and just didn't get the vision LOL. Besides, I'd find out if she was legit, or not in the business to last. Well, to her credit,she did contact me, and told me if I would overnight the dress (cost $67) she would fix it. Demanded to fix it almost... Well, we'll see, because the repaired dress (another $47 to get it yet overnighted again to the Hotel tomorrow.... why cheaper for her I don't know, but I'll go with it but I really think she should have paid that shipping but at this point as much money as I am throwing out the door who am I to argue its so not worth it (and BREEEEEEATHE....)) So in trying to avoid paying $300 for a new casual wear, I basically ended up paying $300 after adding shipping and backup outfits. Anywho, live and learn. I had several leads on casual wears today, but I missed them because...

MY CELL PHONE DIED.

It didn't just die out, it came to a screeching halt in pieces. It apparently cracked at some point when I flipped the lid on it and then the antennae snapped off and was lost. So much for "military grade."

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Sooooo-aaahhhh. After busting a nut (as my guys at work say) getting up and getting the house cleaned, catching up on laundry from the washing machine fiasco, trying to take calls from work on our project, walking our crazy dog (I swear he was a sled dog in a previous life), and getting ready for Gizmos photo shoot... I had to go to the mall and buy a new cell phone. And, not realizing I had voicemail with some leads about a backup plan for a casual wear, I drug poor Giz from one end of the Mall to the other looking for something suitable. Oh and did I mention, the phone ended up costing THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS??? My choices were:

a) renew my contract for another 2 years and get $75 off the phone.
b) cancel current service and go to another provider (and go through allll the sales crap and paperwork etc. when I only had a little bit of time and needed a phone NOW)
c) just pay for the phone outright and keep the strings unattached on my plan

oh, and did I mention on option a) there was a $20 reactivation fee making it only a $55 discount??

I tried every tack I could, I even marched down to Radio Shack to try and buy a refurbished phone, and don't even get me started about that ordeal.

So I just bought the dad-blamed phone. Done.

On another note, Gizmo's modeling school photo shoot went off fabulously... although I still don't think they believe me that most of her ensembles were from Wal Mart. You'd think if I could put together something swell for modeling that I could do a christmas wear at the last minute. 'Cept I lose all creative capability when I'm under extreme duress.

We ended up buying a little OTR Christmas dress and accessories at Dillards and declared the search over. Time's up - what's done is done.

The rest is up to destiny.

I'm going to need new fingernails Monday. I do not have a good feeling about this weekend now, so we're just going to try and salvage what we can of the coming weekend.

....find a happy place....find a happy place....find a happy place...

p.s.s When I went to mail the dress Wednesday, I needed packaging because I didn't consider sending the dress back and at lunchtime was going try to see if I could find an alterationist to work on it. I didn't have box or anything for shipping!! So in between two meetings I ran like a mad mofo into Walgreens kind of wild-eyed looking for shipping tape and trash bags (to protect the dress in case it got left on a porch in the rain etc.)... I'm pretty sure there's some poor clerk around thinking she just had a killer with a body in the trunk run into her store the other day....

p.s.s.s. Did I mention my iron died today too?? Just as I was trying to get Gizmo's dresses ready for her modeling shoot?

4 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

That phone thing --
That's why I prefer to just yell than use a cell phone

MdG said...

Sometimes the universe is just aligned against you. I do hope that you make it through this weekend, and then have some time to relax.

MommasWorld said...

Good Luck! Make sure you tell everyone at the front desk that you are expecting a package. Have them alert their regular Receiving Department too! Sometimes the packages are delivered at the back door with normal hotel deliveries and not delivered via the front door to the front desk. I have had that happen a few times when I chose to have crowning gifts and other things delivered to a hotel for a pageant. It will drive you and the front desk absolutely insane trying to locate the package if they deliver it through the back door. Also, tell them the name of the person sending the package with their address along with the normal (your name, room number, etc) Make sure to tell the front desk your CELL PHONE number so they can reach you when you are tanning, in the registration line, HM or practicing in the ballroom.

MommasWorld said...

Cell phone died? Been through that too. I dropped my phone one too many times and even managed to slam it in the car door once. This cracked the screen and that irritated the pooh out of me! I bought mine without extending my plan too. $480 but at least I had a phone that worked. 3 weeks later I dropped a metal toy doll house dresser on my new. open. Razor phone. That was when Snow White and I were building her Doll House. The screen cracked and I refuse to get a new one until I feel I have used up some of the $480 I spent on it. The phone works GREAT but I cannot see who called when or my address book, take or send photos but I can make and receive calls.

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!! HAVE A BLAST!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>