Friday, March 09, 2007

Oh yeah, dance the night away....

I went to the movies tonight with my son and my parents.

Not a big deal, Firstborn had a class assignment to go see "Amazing Grace" and it was an opportunity to bond a little more with the grand-parental units for him...

But I had a MAJOR discovery.

It's the "Speed Over Beethoven" Dance Machine.

Oh I'm hooked.

Okay, never mind I'm a middle aged lady in high heeled roach stomper boots, black dickies and a company button down.

I can do it baby.

They musta just put this thing in the theatre, because I really never noticed it before. It's a big arcade machine that blasts house music and you follow the arrows to "stomp" / "dance" on the boxes that light up on the "dance floor." Complete with blinking strobe lights!!! (you know I love da bling!!!!)

This now rivals laser tag as a favorite thing to do at the arcade park...

I will never do another aerobics class again...

So the next time you're at the movies and you see a buncha teenagers fighting some middle aged lady off this puppy; BINGO - you've found me!!!!

I thought my mom and my son were going to pass out from embarrassment.

6 comments:

dennis said...

we bought the home version of Dance Dance Fever - two mats so we can compete with each other...

Lahdeedah said...

Oh man.

But you are a HAWT momma lol...

Okay so I am 'getting' why you are all googaa over Colorado.

Omigosh we've got awesome weather and like, I see mountains on the right, prairies on the left, goooorrrgeeeous.

Though I did not realize we were sorta 'ruralish.'

Also, nicer.

I mean, I was able to register my daughter without a utility bill, personal identification for me, and her birth certificate (I forgot it, they said when you get a chance...) how wonderful is that?

rennratt said...

That sounds like fun!

If you ever find one with an unconscious 30-something semi-blonde with a tall slender 6 year old, that would be ME. (And Nooze, of course!)

MommasWorld said...

Ah Ha! You have discovered the DDR Machine! Dance Dance Revolution. ManSon has been hooked on that game for 7 years now. When Snow White was only a year old she thought the Mall was actually called DDR since every night ManSon would say "Done with home work it's DDR time!!" and I would take him to the mall. They have an at home version for Playstation 2. Do NOT buy the plastic mat, it is a waist of time. That mat will not stay put no matter how much double sided tape you use or what type of flooring you put it on. ManSon paid $40 on eBay for a metal mat (just like on the arcade machine minus the back roll bars) plus $89 for shipping! It was so worth it! If you decide to purchase the game and pad I would recommend setting it up in the basement unless you want your chandlers and ceiling fans to come toppling down. My children all enjoy the game to this day! When we have movie night with the teens DDR and Guitar Hero both come out. ManSon is 18 yrs old now and still enjoys going to mall to show off all his fantastic moves! The "Pros" like him use the back roll bars to do sort of skater/acrobatic moves while on the highest level of the game.

FYI the PS2 game has a calorie burner calculator that counts off as you go. No arobics necessary if you have this in the house and it is FUN for ALL! We have had this in our house for 11 years and there is no sign of it EVER being put away.

Biff Spiffy said...

Sweet.

I'd do it. If only to embarrass the kids. On purpose.

Anonymous said...

Now, ya see, that to me is just plain wrong. The whole point of video games, my whole life, was that you could entertain yourself without breaking a sweat.

Sounds like this machine would totally make me need to put in some sort of... effort. Yuck.

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>