Tuesday, March 04, 2008

And Later that evening...

I tried to exit as gracefully as I could after the sticker shock. Not that the amount was so much a surprise, but that I thought I was soooo prepared and then I find out NOT. That, on top of being tired from the drive and a little weak from my gastrointestinal issues, was kind of the last straw of the day.

So feeling a little weak, and sick physically and emotionally, I took Gizmo over to the restaurant for a meal.

She got chicken fingers, broccoli and sprite.

I got a small salad and a BEER.

*****************************************************************

On another current note, I finally broke down and bought DDR Universe 2 for our XBox3.

It kinda ended up less like dancing and more like combat twister.

BOTH kids were trying to help me with the arrows (okay, I had no idea it was on expert mode) Giz was trying to hit some with her hands on the floor and Firstborn was trying to step on the remaining arrows needed.

Twas not a pretty site. But it sure is FUN!!!

I almost didn't buy it when the patronizing Best Buy clerk looked at me and stated that he heard it was a great WORKOUT. (okay, in his defense, what else would most middle aged women buy it for??)

WORKOUT???? He almost took the fun right out of it!!! NO. Not workout.

GRRRR....PLAY BECAUSE ME LIKE. NOT ME EXERCISE.

;O)

2 comments:

Lahdeedah said...

I want DDR for the wii!

MommasWorld said...

I LOVE DDR! I even have DDR soundtrack CDs to listen to in my van :-)I love me some techno music!

After registration, tanning, sending the falls down to H/M, laying out everything (twice) for the next day and getting Snow White to bed...I usually have a drink before heading to bed myself.

It takes a lot out of you getting there and then all the husseling you have to do the first night.

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>