Friday, March 21, 2008

Confession #2

Lordy, I was so busted today.

Confession #2.

I like to sing when I'm by myself in the car.

Not sing like, under my breath, but belt-it-out-showtunes style sing.

Today, I got CAUGHT.

Normally, I am used to just me and the seatbelts knowing this little secret, but today I was exposed, wrong words and all.

I'm sitting at a stoplight at the highway - and it's a GUH-OR-GE-OUS day - I'm not stressed 'cause I have the day off, and I'm on my way home, feelin' groovey....

And of course, I am soooooo a product of the 80's. And there is a particularly belty song on the radio (Heartache Tonight by the Eagles is one of my other personal favorites to have at it...)

"GLOR-I-A! da-da-da I THINK THEY GOT YOUR NUM-BER! da-da-da ...IF EVERYBODY WANTS-YOU, WHY ISN'T AN-Y-BOD-Y CAAAAAALLLLLINNNNGGGGG...!!!!"

etc & so on.

So here I am thinking I'm all by me-myself-and-I, just a going at it with the windows rolled down and the wind in my hair, and then the song is over.

APPLAUSE.

Huh??

I look over and at the entrance of a new neighborhood they are building are a bunch of road workers.

They weren't just laughing, they were ROLLING.

:o|

5 comments:

Dave Leigh said...

Sadly, I know exactly how that feels. While living in Greensboro. One warm Winter I had gotten the VeggieTales Christmas sing-along for my kids. One of the numbers on the tape is "While By My Sheep" (featuring singing sheep, of course). So my oldest son and I were riding down the road with the windows down, belting out, "BAAAA bah bah BAAAAAh... bah Bah BAh BAAAAA!!!" At the top of our lungs. It wasn't until the traffic light was about to turn green again that we noticed that the cars on both sides of us had their windows down, too. Oops.

rennratt said...

Hahahahaha!

As a construction worker, let me promise you: YOU MADE THEIR DAY.

Well done, Pageant Mom!

You will make all new heights if you can CATCH THEM SINGING ALONG.

(I have found that 'Rock of Ages' by Def Leppard is a sure hit...)

Lys said...

I do sing in the car and frighten my fellow drivers/passengers - and if they don't like it - they can get off the damn road. Granted sometimes it's a song from the 80s and yeah, I'm dancin' while driving. But I can't be any worse than the idjiot road ragers that are in the car nearby, right? At least I'm having fun in traffic - they just are popping a vein (or three)

Diva's Thoughts said...

Oh my goodness!!!! How embarrassing. lol

I would have been mortified.

MommasWorld said...

I sing LOUDLY in the car and I even dance. Usually in the car on my way to pick up Snow White, after a difficult Monday. Ok, sometimes Snow White and I do it together...sort of therapy after a rough day.

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>