Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Damn Cat

'K

I need some help.

I have this cat who has adopted ME as her human.

She showed up around Halloween, and being a black cat, I didn't think it wise to try to run her off (superstitious,I am.) I didn't really encourage her, but geesh she really weasled her way in.

She's been fine for a few months, but all of a sudden she has started pissing on the basement floor randomly.

I keep her fed and watered each day.

I keep her litter changed morning and night.

I even let her "hug me" when she needs one. Strange, strange, cat she is... she has to get in my lap, then she puts both front legs around my neck and pushes her head up into MY neck and clings to me like glue.

She musta had a REALLY bad childhood.

But I think she's either mad at me for something or there's something else bothering her, and I've no clue about cats.

Any ideas???

Yes, I know I could put her out, but Giz would have a nervous breakdown if I did.

9 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

I'm am not a cat person.

My old roomate had one and I swear they're all reincarnated prisoners.

MdG said...

Ha-ha!! Another person suckered in by a cat that gives "hugs". Our ex-cat used to do that all the time. That is one of the reasons we kept her for so long.
Anyhoo, the pissing thing might be a bladder infection. Unfortunately this means a trip to the vet.
Good luck with that!

On a side tangent. Piko did cry when we finally gave our cat away. Then she had a breakdown at our neighbor's house when she was over there playing with her friends. The dad told us that she was bawling about how "Daddy made us give the cat away!!! He loves the dog more than the cat! Bwaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!" He felt bad for her untill we started laughing.
That damn cat!

MommasWorld said...

ManSon has a black cat too. It had a nasty habit of pissing in the bathtub!! Ok, it could have been worse, like on the white carpet in the family room. Sort of convient to clean up but still, we had to bleach the tub to death. Who wants to sit in a tub we knew the cat peed in? This stopped when we had her fixed.

Is the cat "fixed"?

Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so not a cat person so unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for you. Good luck though.

Daisy said...

Our rabbit "hugs" the same way, with paws up high and head burrowed into neck. But the pee on the floor? Is this a male or female cat? If it's male, it could be FUS (Feline Urinary Syndrome) which needs immediate treatment. It can be very serious.

Lahdeedah said...

Fix the cat.

If cat is fixed:

Urinary tract infection.

If it's a female, especially.

It's very possible it's medical, and if not medical, behavioral.

I'd check medical out though, first.

See, aren't I handy?

Pageant Mom said...

Thanks to all for your comments!!

The cat is female.
She is not fixed.

Looks like we need a trip to the vet.

firehorse said...

In my experience, cats have it in their nature to be unpredicable.
That's one of their charms to us.
And it's a fact: cats CHOOSE the people they want to live in symbiosis with.
But there's another fact to take into consideration.
Cats are prowlers. They need to be outside to sharpen their senses.
A cat locked in the house is like a lion in a cage. It's typical behaviour of many zoo-animals to act in a nonsensical way when in "captivity". The peeing thing is one of those.
Cats can never become property...
Maybe SHE just needs a bit of attention...
Goodluck

Lys said...

Awww - keep the kitty cat ;)

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>