Friday, February 16, 2007

I know yer nosey...

I think we, as human beings, are inherently nosey. That is apparent from reality tv. We'll pretty much watch anything about anybody else, because well, we just want to be in other people's business.

I'm going to indulge you today. I had today off, as my kids got an extra day out of school, and I'm like, screw it(!) I want to be off too. (Although I'll probably wish I had the extra vacation day later in the year to spend...but, whatever)

Here's a run-down:

1. Get up at 9:30am because Gizmo makes me - she's hungry, and there's a brand new box of Fruity Pebbles waiting in the kitchen for her to try.
2. Fix cereal in a bag with some milk in a sippy cup for Gizmo. Turn on cartoons.
3. Lay back down for 20 min.
4. Get up cause my head is starting to hurt. Weird, but since I turned 40, if I sleep too much I get the biggest headaches ever!!
5. Get up and eat raisin bran. I felt guilty because I had eaten donuts for breakfast all week and had to ingest something healthy
6. Get on computer, answer email, catch up on pageant gossip, check blogs for inspiration and prowl ebay for a steal on a pageant casual wear for Gizmo
7. Do laundry, clean upstairs bathroom, clean Gizmo's room - of course, she immediately comes up and drags everything out to play with AFTER i clean it, but that's okay, at least she will play in her room with her toys!
8. Wake up Firstborn.
9. Argue with Firstborn about getting up and straightening up his room.
10. Do more laundry (I swear it BREEDs in the laundry room when I'm not looking)
11. Drink a coke and take ADD meds + migraine meds (oh so thankful to have ditched the antidepressent not too long ago)
12. Take shower - yell at Firstborn to take his, since the first 14 times I asked nicely were ignored...
13. piddle around after shower getting dressed etc
14. Get Gizmo ready
15. Have family meeting on where to eat (this takes about 30min)
16. Have long, long, leisurely lunch with kids at Mexican restaurant talking about school, and various other subjects - yes, I had a margarita too!!! So there!
17. Go to shoe repair place (I won't get rid of shoes until they've been worn through at least ONE re-soling)
18. Go to alterationist - I also will repair clothes that I especially like... plus my kids are so skinny that I have to take everything to have the waist taken in
19. Go to Best Buy - purchase Hello Kitty speakers for my iPod, and iTunes card for Firstborn
- kids try to talk me into a bling skin my my nano, but I figure I can get one later
20. Pick up dry cleaning
22. Go to bakery and have cookies and milk, except Firstborn who only wants a soda
23. Go to Mall - argue with kids all the way through since by now Firstborn and Gizmo have reached fever pitch annoyance with each other - threaten to kill on contact if they continue
24. Try to buy clothes for Firstborn, he won't pick anything - even took him to Abercrombie and all he would do is bitch about how "embarrassing" his sister was being. (she was dancing to the music in Abercrombie - it was quite a show)
25. Try to shop some more for Firstborn at a couple other stores but he just wasn't interested.
26. Give up and take Gizmo to build-a-bear for a toy, but only if she promises to get rid of 3 toys she doesn't play with - select ADORABLE shamrock bear, with one outfit
27. Hubby calls, Firstborn's best friend is spending the night and he's already picked him up
28. Come home, pick up hubby, go out to eat at Cracker Barrell
29. Return from dinner, try out HK speakers and switch the laundry
30. Give Gizmo snack and let her watch cartoons while I post a blog
31. Will read Gizmo a story, put her to bed and then myself. btw... Hubby takes care of dealing with the boys - they'll probably be hitting golf balls in the basement until somebody drops of exhaustion - we have a room set up with a net and everything...

Exciting huh?

The biggest issue I had today involved a coat at the mall. I know I'm going to offend the anti-fur folks, but I wear a fur coat. I currently have a leather and Nutria coat I've been wearing 16 years, and although I get compliments all the time on it, it's just getting a little weary. Now most people get a fur and only wear it to church or weddings, but I WEAR mine. It IS my winter coat. I mean, why spend all that money on something and not use it regularly??? I finally found it's replacement at the fur sale... A pieced mink above the knee swing coat with an insane hood - I HAVE to HAVE it. Problem is it's $850 - I mean I paid $500 for the Nutria and wore it 16 years, I could get another 16 out of this one easy. I just can't make a quick decision on spending that kind of money... So that's what I'm sleeping on tonight. To get the coat or not. I would have been just fine if I hadn't seen it; you can't miss what you don't have - but damn it was a fine coat. It was just so, well, ME.

Ugh. Yet another silly thing to waste brain time on.

p.s. Don't feel bad for Firstborn that he didn't get too much today - last night all $700 of his new Nike golf clubs and bag came in - in preparation for golf tryouts in 2 weeks. Oh they are wicked cool - we'll see how he does with them...

2 comments:

Biff Spiffy said...

Sounds a lot like my normal day.

Except for the shopping and mall and hello kitty stuff and pageant gossip. Oh and the other girly things you do. I don't do some of them.

16 years is awesome, I've never gotten a piece of clothing to do that for me. But then, I don't spend much on it. I figure I'm gonna put holes in it or dip it in axle grease eventually due to my inherent clumsiness, no sense having something worth more than me in the closet.

Lahdeedah said...

That didn't sound relaxing...

Relaxing is a day reading, half of which is spent reading in the tub...

Though I love shopping... one of the reasons I can't wait to go back to work... SHOPPING.

As for the fur and mink, I don't think I could carry it off. I'd love to carry it off. But every time I picture me in that mink you described, swirling around my knees, I also see me smoking a long Virginia Slims, wearing 3" heels with slick curls, saying 'I don't have time for your crap, dahlin'. I'll see you after Florence."

hmmm... then again....

(my imagination does tend to run...)

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>