Thursday, February 22, 2007

Vote : Panty lines are sexy, NO?

I have several obsessive compulsive traits that I just cannot get over - So I will do the Thursday Thirteen (per Lady Jane Scarlett's blog) about things that just drive me NUTS:

1) Body Hair - in my next life I will be an esthetician - WAX anyone???
2) I cannot stand for ANYONE to use my pillow. (I AM an only child - hel-looo...)
3) I have a lot of jewelry, but tend to wear hoop earrings 99% of the time
4) I have to have a tall boy AMP and two krispy kreme donuts for breakfast Mon-Fri - If I don't, I become the bitch from hell (somebody asked me how I keep from getting fat, I just say it keeps me from getting skinny)
5) i swear like a sailor when I'm nervous
6) I can't stand for anyone to use my bath towel
7) I have to drink from a straw whenever possible (even at home)
8) I can't tell you #8, it's private
9) I think a proper woman should always wear a slip with a sheer dress (the guys will get me for this one)
10) I can't stand easy listening music, it makes me nervous (then I start swearing)
11) I get separation anxiety when I don't have my cell phone and start freaking out
12) I would live on peas, toast, popcorn, heath bars, donuts, amp, and coke exclusively if somebody else didn't remind me to eat something else (or feed me)
13) I abhore panty lines. It is my mission in life to NEVER have panty lines.

Trouble with #13 is that my husband says some men think panty lines are very sexy.

What are your thoughts my few and fearless readers??

8 comments:

rennratt said...

The only problem with #13 (for me) - is that it generally requires THONGS.

I do NOT understand them. I do not like them.

Instead, I wear loose fitting pants and/or long shirts. Works for me.

Or, if someone mentions a VPL to me, I tell them to stop staring at my butt.

Lahdeedah said...

Victoria's secret has these panties with no panty lines. I am all about them.

As for body hair, well, Hate It, (thank you Italian genetics for being HAIRY) but wax? OUCH... Hello Nair, Gillette and Sally Hanson....

ps. I'd do a thursday thirteen, but that much information might crash my computer.

Mitch McDad said...

1) You're lucky you're not married to me.
2) Do you bring it to hotels?
3) I'm a guy...don't care.
4) And I though I was unhealthy.
5) Fuckin' A
6) see number 2
7) My wife does that alot, too. I hate it.
8) Now that I want to know....bet it's a vibrator.
9) boooo....In the words of Booger " I see bush."
10) I can get with that.
11) Gotta cut the cord.
12) see number 4
13) granny panties turn me on

dennis said...

yes but your husband did not also say those men were fools!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I think that proper manipulation of VPL (visible panty line) can work to our advantage sometimes. For example, night out with your honey, sheer dress (no slip) and lacy undies. Be sure to walk in front of your honey, often.
Otherwise, VPL is to be avoided at all times. I hear ya.

Pageant Mom said...

LJS - I agree, I should have clarified that I was concerned with the ol' run of the mill, I'm not bothering to check even if I am wearing knit pants VPLs (yuck!)

But visible manipulation if they are worth looking at? Another story indeed...

Jansky T said...

I like the panty lines. It gives me an idea about the kind of underwear the woman is wearing and maybe tells me a little bit about her.

As for thongs, if there are no panty lines then I know it's a thong and it tells me a little bit about her.

And then I start having impure thoughts.

Anonymous said...

VPL = Sexy to me.

I think too much attention is given to panty lines, I mean you gotta wear underwear but suddenly people started saying that panty lines were unattractive so they started forcing women to wear thongs. I'd much rather see panty lines on a cute butt than thongs half way up a woman's back when she bends over. So don't show panty lines but seeing the underwear is allowed? Just look at bras, their lines, straps and bumps show and that's ok and is very sexy.

Just look at Jessica Biel in the movie "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" or Jessica Alba in that see-through dress wear you could see her white bikinis...now that is sexy!

Yes I know guys prefer thongs for obvious reasons but underwear has a purpose and thongs take much away from that purpose. Honestly you don't see panty lines all that much anyway, better designed regular underwear including boyshorts keep the lines down. Naturally you'll get panty lines if you wear underwear that's too tight or if you're seriously out of shape.

Anyway that's my two cents but I hope women know that there's no law forcing them to wear thongs and this is one guy who still appreciates and misses those sexy panty lines.

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>