Thursday, February 01, 2007

War of the Mommybloggers ;o)

What is it they say? Oh, I believe the correct term is ROTFL...MY....ASS...OFF

Apparently the media has pissed off the wrong Mommys...um...LOL

I think it is terribly ironic and poignant that the same blogger/journalist who got me started in blogging because of her one-sided, misinformed, twisted and taken completely out of context observation on pageants, is now in an uproar because the media is presenting a one-sided, misinformed, twisted and taken completely out of context observation on a playgroup where the mothers have a glass of wine.

To quote:

"It's just another media-generated battle pitting mommy against mommy and frankly, I'm getting tired of it."

I really couldn't have said it better myself.

Um, where was this thought process when it was fun to bash the pageant moms? You called my baby a mini harlot, and that was okay... but now Meredith Veira implies that these mothers could be potential drunks and hazards to their children and that's an outrage? Frankly, I don't see the difference in what is done to pageant mothers and what is going on here.

"This is taken out of context!!!" a pageant mom has exclaimed. Detractors of pageants ignore the cry - it couldn't possibly be taken out of context, the media is soooo upstanding...

"We spend time with our children and we're not harming them. We're having fun!" a pageant mom has exclaimed. An implication of child abuse is implied in return.

"We get together and let our kids play!" the pageant moms cry! "Oh, but your child could never possibly have a REAL childhood in pageants..." sayeth the detractors.

"I'm not harming my child - she's having fun, we're having sleepovers and going swimming at the hotel and winning toys (otherwise she wouldn't be smiling)" retorts the pageant mothers.

.......

"I'm not harming my child, I'm just having a glass of wine..." retort the playgroup Mommys...

Aw sweet irony.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's rear end if a playgroup Mommy has a glass of wine with her friends while their kids run around the backyard. I think the media is just looking for another drummed up controversy. Kind of like kid pageants.

Yep, there are moms that take pageants too far. Hmmm, the story here has implied that moms who drink at a playgroup could take THAT too far and these Moms are upset at the implication. (Well, of course that could NEVER happen...)

I just think it's funny that they feel the need to DEFEND themselves, the very thing many of them have torn pageant moms a new one for doing.

HA HA HA..... HA!

(wha'd they expect? sympathy??? ....forgive me if I'm feeling a wee bit vindicated)

8 comments:

Lahdeedah said...

roflmao

ha ha ha ah ah ah

You would, of course, be the one to find this hilarious lol.

Yes, I suppose it is um lol ironic.

MommasWorld said...

You saw that too? I thought I was the only one that caught that. One blogger in specific "tore pageant moms a new one". You are right, it is the same thing.

One part of this whole Today Show mess that really made me laugh was the Dr. kept saying Healthy Ways and the Mom said over and over again she had healthy ways. This made me think of all the posts about letting pageant girls be children, take them to the library, read them a book, let them play in the mud, let them get dirty, take them to the park, the fair, etc. All the while ignoring the fact it was said over and over again that pageant girls do have a childhood and do participate in all these activities and more.

I sill think what was done to this nieve Mommy Blogger was wrong, just as it is wrong to do it to Pageant Moms or other Play Date Moms (Green Hills). I do see the irony and I did have to laugh.

Pageant Mom said...

mommasworld - I sooo agree with you. It's not fair to do it to any group! I just think it's amusing that folks don't think it's so great when it's turned on them!!

Anonymous said...

Just found you blogroll hopping. I have definetly torn up pageant people thus far in life...so I'm going to be open minded and read your posts. And since my three year old is addicted to princesses...maybe i'll end up being a pageant dad....nah.

Pageant Mom said...

Hi Mitch! Glad you're here! :o)

Biff Spiffy said...

Nicely ranted!

All things in moderation... even moderation.

Have a blast and let others do the same, I'm coming to believe.

Christina_the_wench said...

*holds up bottle of Jack Daniels*

So this is wrong? Who knew...

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Screw 'em all, I say. For some reason, we allow (is that the right word?) the media to manipulate our insecurities. I mean...seriously. A glass of wine, a pagent? Can't they find something a bit more substantive to discuss?!? How about poverty, no health care, undernourishment, childhood obesity? Things that matter, things that we can all talk about with tearing each other apart.
Kudos to you Pagent Mom for trying to rise above the fray.

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>