Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'm a VICTIM I tell you!!! A VIC-TUUUUUM!!!!

I know this is hard to believe.

But I am a victim of profiling.

Soda profiling.

Now, just because I'm not going with the norm is no reason to single me out.

I just don't like diet drinks. I like Coke. Not Pepsi. Not Diet Pepsi. Just Coke. And only Coke (except for every morning at work and that's an AMP but that's a completely different blog subject.) And especially NOT DIET Coke!!! But invariably, no matter who I go to breakfast, lunch, or dinner with, I either GET the diet drink intended for the other parties (no matter if they are male or female) or my REFILL will show up as a DIET Coke. When I bring it to a wait person's attention that they brought me the diet drink errantly, they look at me like:

"sowhat'sthedifferenceeverybodyelseinthefreeworlddrinksityoumoronIreally don'twanttogobackandfixit ...."

I didn't think I was fat, but this is starting to give me a bigger complex than I already have. I think I know how poor Tyra Banks feels now (which incidentally I think she looks just FINE at her current disputed size!!!) Or maybe I just have that Gap Khaki, Diet Coke drinking, Mini-Van driving, Soccer Mom look. ( I have SO got to fix that.)

Somebody get me a lawyer....

9 comments:

Christina_the_wench said...

Soccer mom? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Pageant Mom said...

don't jump to conclusions ;o) I didn't say I WAS a soccer mom, I just sometimes happen to LOOK like one (not on the weekends though!!!)

dennis said...

you know it is looks like that the just force me to deduct $2-3 from the tip...

bring the food not the 'tude, dude!!

Lahdeedah said...

Really? Cuz I always get the freakin' coke. Which, I loved forever until it started doing something unpleasant to my stomach ha ha ha... And it always makes me grumpy.

I know how I look.

Sometimes I look HORRIBLE. Other times I look like one of those moms who woke up and realized she had three kids and doesn't quite know what to do....

MommasWorld said...

I prefer Pepsi myself but if someone gave me a Diet Pepsi they would fix it and give me a new glass. I do not care for the taste of any diet soda. Negative wait-staff attitude = negative tipping attitude.

I accidentally purchased diet Mountain Dew (red) a month ago. My older two children love Mountain Dew. The 12 pack is still in the garage. No one in my house will ever be thirsty enough to actually drink it.

Biff Spiffy said...

Diet Coke for me. Sometimes with bourbon. Sometimes with lemon.

Wordsmithing: While the deadline has past, I'm sure it's not too late! Kingfisher and Tiff are the Wordsmiths, and I bet they'll let you in.

What you do is write a story, 500 words or less, and follow the rules in the challenge. Post it on your blog, then leave a comment saying it's done (links are cool, write me if you need help)

Biff Spiffy said...

Sorry, busted link.
Go to www.wordsmithsunlimited.blogspot.com

Pageant Mom said...

Thanks Biff - missed this month, but I get it now, and will jump in (if time permits) for the next round!!!

rennratt said...

Coke here, too. If they give me Diet, I seek them out and request The Real Thing.

I am generally remembered, however. I always request "Large Coke, No ICE". Most people find that odd.

My favorite, however, is fountain coke from Wilco (gas station) - as I can add vanilla to it!

Bad parent example #6,922

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net a>